I am a graduate student in Rice University, advised by Professor John Mellor-Crummey. Previously, I studied at Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences in Professor Guangming Tan's PAA group. Prior to that, I was an undergraduate student in Yunnan University, advised by Professor Wei Zhou.
Ph.D. Computer Science, 2017 - 2023 (expected)
School of Engineering, Rice University
M.S. Computer Science, 2014 - 2017
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.E. Network Engineering, 2010 - 2014
School of Software, Yunnan University
Research Intern, Apr.2017 - Aug.2017
Nvidia Inc, Beijing
Research Assistant, Jun.2015 - Aug.2017
Nvidia-Sugon-ICT Deep Learning Joint Laboratory, Institute of Computing Technology
Research Assistant, Jan.2013 - July.2014
Intelligent Web Laboratory, School of Software, Yunnan University
SDE Intern, Oct.2013 - Feb.2014
Baidu Inc, Beijing
My major research areas are parallel systems and concurrent algorithms. I focus on optimizing parallel systems and developing efficient concurrent data structures on modern architectures. I also participate in data mining contests as a hobby.
GPU Performance Analysis Tools
- March.2017 - current
- We have proposed a paper about GPU performance analysis. Beyond the previous work, we are going to extend our framework for wider applications, multiple kernels, and several architectures. Besides, designing user-friendly interfaces is also a primary goal.
- [TPDS'17] Quadboost: A Scalable Concurrent Quadtree
- Keren Zhou, Guangming Tan, Wei Zhou
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems
- [ICS'17] A Performance Analysis Framework for Exploiting GPU Microarchitectural Capability
- Keren Zhou, Guangming Tan, Xiuxia Zhang, Chaowei Wang, Ninghui Sun
- 26th ACM International Conference on Supercomputing
- [PPoPP'17] Understanding the GPU Microarchitecture to Achieve Bare-Metal Performance Tuning
- Xiuxia Zhang, Guangming Tan, Shuangbai Xue, Jiajia Li, Keren Zhou, Mingyu Chen
- 22nd ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming
- [CIC'15] BF-MapReduce: A bloom filter Based Efficient Lightweight Search
- Zilong Tan, Keren Zhou, Hao Zhang, Wei Zhou
- 2015 IEEE International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing
- [ICDM'15] Multi-Classes Feature Engineering with Sliding Window for Purchase Prediction in Mobile Commerce
- Qiang Li, Maojie Gu, Keren Zhou, Xiaoming Sun
- 2015 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshop
- Deep Learning on Modern Architectures
- April.2017, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Discussed how state-of-the-art deep learning libraries optimize computations by utilizing architectural features.
- Convolution Methods
- July.2016, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Introduced various kinds of convolution methods and analyzed their complexities, memory consumptions, and data access patterns.